Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Transformed Mind


“and put off your old self, and be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and put on the new self. Ephesians 4:22-24a

Do you ever wish you could put off your old self? The Bible in Ephesians 4 speaks of walking in humility, gentleness, patience, love, and unity of Spirit. The whole chapter speaks of putting on the new life. Do any of us read this chapter without feeling guilty? I know, personally,I cannot be transformed without the Lord’s help.

I have been listening to Chip Ingram on the radio. He says we transform in the cocoon and grow into the butterfly of a new character.  I have learned methods from his messages to reshape my thoughts. We all know to pray, study the Word, and attend church, but this is not always enough to alter our manner of thinking.  One other way he suggests we can change is through community.  I have requested my friends and family to hold me accountable for my actions. I have asked them to be honest with me, because I don’t think we can always see our faults. I hope my friends will speak the truth in love so God can transform my mind.  I am praying God will help me to be more open to people and not put up walls. I have a deep desire to have that community who will hold me accountable and love me as I am. I. I heard in one study that we should give God permission to show us our sins.  This, to me, is to be open to the conviction He revels.

Only through the power of the Holy Spirit and following Christ’s example in faith can we hope to change. Our minds, where we make our decisions, are the place to start adapting our lifestyles to God’s desires. By the grace of God, and through trusting Him we can accomplish this undertaking. In our study, The Call to Follow Christ, an evaluation at the end of the lessons caused me to revise certain areas of my life.  My main need is to work on is a “Quiet Time with God”. I don’t stop long enough to let God speak to me. I don’t read the Bible and take notes, and evaluate how this applies to my life. I want to learn a new scripture every week this year, and I need to be more discerning about God’s purpose for my life. We all, I think, jump into new endeavors without always asking God if this is in keeping with His plan for us. Sometimes, we also have no discernment in how to be the best witness and example to other people.
God can equip us to begin transforming our minds. We can walk in a manner worthy of our calling. Let’s pray for each other and ask God to alter our lives to have that butterfly character

No comments:

Post a Comment