Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Hope of Heaven


At Easter, we think of the resurrection, and all it portends. Jesus said he would prepare a place for us and come again to receive us. The older I get the more I look forward to going to heaven. Life is hard, and it is not always fair. We see our loved ones suffer and see our world falling apart. Just thinking about heaven makes all that seem insignificant when we think about the place God has prepared for us. I do not think we really comprehend what that means, because we are so caught up in our day to day trials.

I am teaching the Karen from Burma this Sunday. Since it is Easter, I want to remind them of the resurrection, but I also want to help them know with the resurrection of Jesus, we can have the hope of heaven. We will be singing the song Heaven Came Down. It conveys the truth that we will surely have a place in heaven. Oh What a Day That Will Be is also one of my favorite songs. My mom and I used to sing it together. I would climb up in the bed with her when she was suffering from issues related to Parkinson’s, know one day she would be with Jesus. It will be marvelous to be in heaven with her and to dwell their with God.  He will wipe away every tear, and there will be no more dread of our enemy, Death. The Holy City will be glowing with the glory of God. The most magnificent part of heaven will be when we look into our Savior's face as He welcomes us into heaven.

It is incomprehensible to think of this golden city and know God will be the temple of heaven. What wonder will fill us at the dazzling light given off by Jesus.  Just think, we will see this indescribable city sparkling with the brilliance of the jewels adorning the walls. The river of life flows through the city, and the tree of life’s leaves will heal all the nations. We will reign forever and ever with Jesus.   

I do not know about you, but I feel warmth flowing over my heart when I think of what God has in store for us.  The hope of heaven may have been presented to you many times, but I do not think we live our lives pondering what is coming one day. Being able to participate in the Marriage Supper of the Lamb will be a time of rejoicing. I pray I have helped you know that whatever you are going through, it dims with the knowledge of a new heaven and new earth where we can live forever. My heart smiles even when life is trying to take it away. May your Easter be filled with joy as you let your thoughts linger on the Hope of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment