Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Revival of Hope-Poem


 
“…If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me as the Scripture has said, “Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”  John 7: 37-38
My aspirations are thwarted.

My thirsty heart pants for deliverance.

Hope commences as a trickle of living water.

 A bubbling brook of awareness rises from the wilderness of pain.

My soul is filled with downpours of God’s favor.

He sends rivers of living water into my heart,

Gushing over my parched being,

Surging to life-quickening joy.

Promises from His Word cascade from His throne,

Filling me with the awareness of His sufficient grace

Blessed with the hope of the Lord

Jesus, the living water, has calmed my fears

Now, still waters spread across my emotions.

My spirit is revived,

 
Renewed, refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment