Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Humbleness


   “…Don’t think you are better than you really are…” Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.”… Be patient in trouble and keep on praying.” “Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!” Romans 12: 3, 11, 12, 16

 

I am getting ready to go on my mission trip to Brazil. We are reading scriptures every day to prepare us. We read Romans 12 to remind us we should be working together as a team. I will be paired with a pastor, an interpreter, and my teammate, Tom Boorde, who has been to seminary. We will be going to do evangelist work. From what I’ve learned we will be leaving our hotel from 1pm to 3pm and may not return until midnight. I am a morning person so this will be hard for me.  I am not lazy, and I am usually very enthusiastic when serving the Lord. I get so excited sometimes I talk before I should. I went out with my church evangelist team. I was paired with a couple from our church. Before he could tell the lady about Jesus, I jumped in and told her why were there and asked her if she had a church home. My Aunt Ann said I move to a different rhythm. So I need to match my rhythm to that of my fellow laborers for Christ.

 

Tom called me and prayed for our trip and the people of Brazil. He said we will pray every day before we go out. I believe as He does that we must saturate our evangelist efforts with prayer. I pray I will work in harmony with him and with the people we meet. I don’t want to be too proud when dealing with them.  I guess I think I have the best approach to leading people to a personal relationship with Jesus. 

 

I am asking people to pray for me that I will keep my mouth shut when I am supposed and let the Holy Spirit do His work. I am supposed to be praying while my teammate is presenting the gospel.   We are trying to bring hope to the people of Brazil. I want to be totally dependent on the Lord and allow the Holy Spirit to convict the lost of their sin. Lord, please help me to wait patiently and humbly for you to work in the heart’s and lives of the people of Brazil.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment